Q: Who is eligible for transportation?

A: Please note that Volunteer Transportation Center does not discriminate. The eligibility of each client is determined by their plan coverage (State of New Hampshire/DHHS, Well Sense Health Plan or New Hampshire Healthy Families Health Plan) all through its partnership(s) with CTS.

Use NH Medicaid’s Non-emergency Transportation Program if you need a ride to, or help paying for gasoline to travel to, a Medicaid-covered service. NH Medicaid recipients who are not yet enrolled in a Managed Care Organization or who are enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan under the Premium Assistance Program should call Coordinated Transportation Solutions (CTS) toll free at 844-259-4780 to set up their ride.

Q: How soon should I call for my appointment?

A: You must contact Coordinated Transportation Services (CTS) at least two (2) business days prior to your appointment to locate a driver. Our drivers are booked well in advance, therefore we require as much advance notice as possible. The number(s) to call include:

New Hampshire Healthy Families Health Plan  1-877-671-6291

Well Sense Health Plan  1-855-739-4775    |    State of New Hampshire/DHHS  1-844-259-4780

For more information check out the Guide on How to Request Transportation for NH Medicaid Recipients.

Q: May I bring someone with me on my trip?

A: If you need to bring a companion, please let the CTS staff know when you make your reservation so the driver can make sure he/she has sufficient room in the vehicle.

Q: Can I stop at another location on my trip?

A: No, you will not be allowed to make any extra stops because our drivers are often scheduled for more than one drive per day. Any unplanned stops could put the driver behind schedule and should approved prior to the trip by CTS.

Q: What if I have a smoke allergy?

A: All vehicles are non-smoking. Neither the driver nor the client are permitted to smoke per New Hampshire Department of Health regulations.

Q: What if I wish to drive myself, will I be reimbursed for mileage?

A: Self-Drive reimbursement is possible, click here for the policy. Additionally, you must fill out a Medicaid Transportation Reimbursement Form


Volunteer Drivers

Q: As a volunteer driver what will I need to provide?

A: You will need the following:

  • Your own vehicle less than 15 years old (clean and in good working condition)
  • A copy of your driver’s license
  • Proof of insurance for your vehicle
  • Complete an application and agree to a thorough background check
  • Vehicle registration

Q: How do I apply to become a volunteer driver?

A: You may apply online.

Q: Do volunteer drivers get paid?

A: Our volunteer drivers get reimbursed up to the IRS rate for their mileage driven. We also pay for parking and tolls per our policy. Our volunteer drivers do not get an hourly rate or any other payment for services.

Q: As a volunteer driver do I get to make my own hours?

A: Yes, just let us know what your availability is and we will schedule trips in that time frame as trips are available.